Happy Friday everyone! It's been an amazing week away, but I'm glad to be home!
You saw photos of the trip, which was fantastic, but let's chat about how I did with my habits while I was gone. Here's the dirt:
1. I stopped tracking my meals after the first day and a half.
2. I didn't drink enough water the first couple of days, but got better as the trip went on.
3. I ate past full a few times.
4. I ate lots of treats and not enough protein.
But, you know what? It's all going to be ok. Want to know how I know? It's a new concept for me and I just had to share...
1. I hiked and climbed and walked a bunch. It was the most active vacation I've had since I did the Disney Princess Half Marathon--and, honestly, a lot more fun.
2. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone in numerous ways--from challenging my fear of heights, to enjoying new foods, and even scaling down rocks for the first time since I was a little girl.
3. It was a vacation! It's ok to let loose a little bit then.
The difference this time is that I got right back into my routine when we got home. I was tempted to not cook last night to prolong the vacation experience. But, I had already pre-ordered groceries to pick up shortly after we pulled into town. So, I had no excuses. I had plenty of fresh food and it was a reasonable time. Vacation was over and it is time to get back to normal. That's what I did. I felt much better about jumping right back into my routine.
This morning, I went for my normal workout, started tracking my food, picked up my water intake again, and sketched out my meal plan for the upcoming week.
Oh, there was one more thing I DID NOT DO....get on the scale. I know the weight is up. I don't need a scale to tell me that. But, seeing that number will not help me focus on my habits, nor will it encourage me. It will frustrate me and cause guilt. I'm tired of that. So, I decided to skip the scale until 7/31. That gives me a little over a week to give a laser focus to the habits I depend on every day. The scale will be there to show me my progress for the month. And, the number may be up a little at the end of 31 days. But, I am not going to use it as a passive punishment for having an amazing time for a special occasion. I have the power to say no thank you to that crap.
I will also not allow myself to have a free for all because I choose not to step on the scale. Old Marie would have done that. Now, I want to take this time and really lean into the actions that will bring progress. I don't need to give the scale the power to punish or to make me comply with good behavior. I follow my habits because they make me feel good and in control.
Maybe I'm making some headway in this battle, after all. We'll see how the week goes. I will be checking in, so stay tuned!
I'm Marie. I'm working toward a 200 lb. weight loss goal. I'm doing it with baby steps. Follow my journey here.